1. Christian Dior channeled
its naughty side with leg-scaling cage-heel boots in fetishistic latex-look patent leather.
2. Valentino extended its signature ornate embroidery from bolero to bootie, with striking burlap block-heel styles that encapsulated the collection.
3. Schiaparelli had
the week’s best flat footwear statement: a sweet crisscross d’Orsay style with ankle-wrapping.
4. Chanel showed flats for the third couture season running. This time, it was stark mid-calf elasticized boots to root the collection’s OTT whimsy IRL.
5. Giambattista Valli juxtaposed his usual extreme frou-frou with spiked huarache-style woven heels.
6. Viktor & Rolf ventured to tropical climates for an irreverent take on printed beachy flip-flops.
7. Alexandre Vauthier
again collaborated with Christian Louboutin on aggressively sexy scrunched stiletto boots, shown in suede and patent.
8. Jean Paul Gaultier went for 360-degree racy lacing inspired by the corsets of French coquettes.
9. Elie Saab
tempered feathered frocks with low-
strap sandals in
10. Atelier Versace footwear got the
siren treatment with
baroque beaded over-the-knee boots.