The 2022 CFDA Awards are less than a week away — and now, the annual event has found its celebrity host.
The Awards, which honor the top figures in the American fashion industry, has tapped actress Natasha Lyonne — of “Russian Doll” and “Orange is the New Black” fame, among others — as its host for this year’s ceremony. Taking place on Nov. 7, the evening will find a variety of stars including Law Roach, Patti Wilson, Lenny Kravitz and more honored for their contributions to the fashion industry at large.
It’s also notably the first event designer Thom Browne will be attending for the CFDA following his Oct. 11 announcement as the organization’s new chairman, starting in 2023.
This year’s event also recognizes and awards a range of designers across the menswear, womenswear, accessory and emerging designer categories, as well; brands in this year’s nominee pool include Amiri, Thom Browne, Bach Mai and Luar. Joining them will be a group of celebrity presenters for each trophy, including Bella Hadid, Bradley Cooper, Trevor Noah, Keke Palmer and Kerry Washington, as well as Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour.
Below, discover the full list of nominees for this year’s CFDA Awards, which will take place in New York City on Nov. 7.
American Womenswear Designer of the Year:
- Catherine Holstein (Khaite)
- Christopher John Rogers
- Gabriela Hearst
- LaQuan Smith
- Peter Do
Nominees: American Menswear Designer of the Year
- Emily Bode Aujla (Bode)
- Jerry Lorenzo (Fear of God)
- Mike Amiri (Amiri)
- Thom Browne (Thom Browne New York)
- Willy Chavarria
Nominees: American Emerging Designer of the Year
- Bach Mai
- Carly Mark (Puppets and Puppets)
- Colm Dillane (KidSuper)
- Elena Velez
- Lauren Harwell Godfrey (Harwell Godfrey)
Nominees: American Accessory Designer of the Year
- Aurora James (Brother Vellies)
- Brandon Blackwood
- Raul Lopez (Luar)
- Stuart Vevers (Coach)
- Telfar Clemens (Telfar)
The occasion also finds an array of established names in the industry earning awards for their various achievements, from styling to design and fashion inspiration. Most notably, the late Virgil Abloh will be honored with the Board of Trustee’s Award, while Kim Kardashian — as well as Jens and Emma Grede — will be bestowed with the Innovation Award presented by Amazon Fashion for shapewear brand Skims.
- Board of Trustee’s Award — Virgil Abloh
- Fashion Icon — Lenny Kravitz
- Positive Social Influence Award — Slaysians: Prabal Gurung, Laura Kim, Phillip Lim, Tina Leung and Ezra William
- Founder’s Award — Andrew Bolton
- Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award — Laurie Lynn Stark and Richard Stark (Chrome Hearts)
- Media Award in honor of Eugenia Sheppard — Patti Wilson
- Stylist Award – Law Roach
- Environmental Sustainability Award — The United Nations
- Special Anniversary Award — Jeffrey Banks
- Innovation Award presented by Amazon Fashion — Skims (Kim Kardashian, Jens and Emma Grede)
The CFDA Awards honor the top designers and figures in the American fashion industry. This year’s Awards, held in New York City, will be hosted by Natasha Lyonne. In partnership with Amazon Fashion, the event will honor a range of individuals changing the fashion landscape today, including the late Virgil Abloh, Lenny Kravitz, Patti Wilson and Law Roach. The occasion also features a variety of star presenters, including Bella Hadid, Bradley Cooper, Keke Palmer and Amy Schumer.