Get ready to cast your ballots.
The Accessories Council has announced the finalists for its third annual Design Excellence Awards, which recognizes outstanding individual products, and anyone can participate in the voting to pick the winners.
The finalists are divided up by the major product markets, including handbags, footwear, eyewear, jewelry and personal accessories, segmented by price levels or usage. And there are three special categories for Tech & Innovation, Social Impact and Sustainability.
Within the footwear category, here are the finalists in the “Under $250” group:
- Hunter by Dr. Scholl’s Shoes, Presented by Caleres, $120
- Eco Tall Boot by Franco Sarto, Presented by Caleres, $239
- Sleeker by Modernist, $65
- Pashion Footwear, $190
- Lug Loafer by Sarto, Presented by Caleres, $130
And here are the footwear finalists in the “Over $250” group:
- White Boot + Oakley Strap by Alterre, $510
- Chase High-Top Sneaker with Crystal Sole by Lori Silverman Shoes, $595
- Marilyn Mule PVC by Mia Becar, $650
- Galina by Veronica Beard, Presented by Caleres, $395
- Femi by Vince, Presented by Caleres, $595
In order to qualify for the awards, the products must be available for purchase in the U.S. via retail stores, e-commerce, TV retail or direct marketing between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31, 2021. The finalists were selected by the Accessories Council based on criteria that includes excellence in design, a unique appearance and/or function, the product’s ability to address consumer needs, innovative materials or technology, market positioning and competitive performance, social images, emotional appeal and sustainability.
Voting this year is taking place on the Joor digital platform, and anyone can vote one time by visiting the site here.
The winners will be announced on Thursday, Sept. 9, at 12 p.m. EST via Zoom. At that time the Council will also reveal the winner of its Hall of Fame Award, which recognizes an iconic product that has stood the test of time, and the Blackglama Exclusively by Saga Furs Award and the NPD Award.