With seemingly endless options on the market, finding a great running shoe can be difficult. Thankfully, however, Amazon is here to help. Many styles on the mega retail site have been reviewed by thousands of customers, so you can ultimately feel much more confident about your purchase. And considering this particular style is the site’s number one best-selling running sneaker, we reckon it’s at the very least a great place to start in your search.
Enter: the Asics Gel-Venture 6. Retailing for just $45, the sneakers feature a trail-specific outsole designed to tackle rougher terrain, but are versatile enough to be worn on the streets and in the workplace (“I’ve been using using these for 40-50+ mile weeks in NYC,” one reviewer wrote). They also boast breathable mesh accents in the upper, sock-absorbing gel cushioning and a removable sockliner to accommodate custom orthotics.
What’s more, the sneakers are available in up to a width size 4E to accommodate wide feet and are reportedly a game-changer for underpronators (those who tend to walk on the outside of their feet with every stride).
Watch on FN
“My feet are guilty of underpronation,” one customer commented. “I’ve only had these shoes for two days now, and I can literally feel less leg and back pain due to much better distribution of force when walking. They’re also so light and comfortable that it almost feels as though there’s nothing on my feet. I think I’m going to buy three or four more pairs. Best shoes I’ve ever worn!!”
Eager to try the pair for yourself? Shop it now below, available in 10 different colorways on Amazon.com.
Asics Gel-Venture 6 Running Shoe
Why Customers Love It:
- Ideal for underpronation to neutral foot types
- Available in up to a 4E width size
- Includes a removable sockliner
- Gel cushioning is supportive without being overly bulky
- Offered at an affordable price point (users claim it performs just as well as the pricer Asics GT2000 models, which can be nearly double the price)
- Includes covering tab on the toe to protect from wear and tear
- Provides a comfortable fit straight out of the box
- Some customers claims the inner sole tends to wear out within 5-6 months, yet the quality is still unbeatable for the price
All products featured have been independently selected and curated by our editorial team. If you buy something through the links included on our site, FN may earn a commission.
7 Men’s Sneakers to Wear With Joggers
Here’s How to Get the Air Jordan 1 High OG ‘Couture’
7 Great Men’s Running Shoes for Less Than $125