Tired of struggling into flats, sneakers and dress shoes that don’t have much flexibility at the heel? A shoe horn is an easy solution. These handy little devices help keep the back of the shoe open so you can easily slip your foot into them without any pain or frustration, while also preventing the backs from getting damaged.
Shoe horns are available in a range of lengths to fit your needs and preferences and price points to accommodate any budget. To make your shopping a little bit easier, we’ve found the best options to buy now. Read on to shop them all.
1. Shacke Extra Long Handled Shoehorn
Perfect for putting on shoes or boots while standing, this extra long shoe horn offers enhanced grip and durability.
- Features a 24-inch long handle.
- Palm grip handle makes it easy to use for the elderly or those with mobility issues.
- Made from Pro High Tech plastic, which is sturdier than most other plastic options.
- Product is on the thick side, so it may not fit well in certain shoe styles.
2. Velette Metal Shoe Horns
You can't beat the quality of these shoe horns for the price.
- Come as a set of 2.
- Features a tiny hook on the end so each can easily hang on a nail or hook when not in use.
- Made of sturdy, high luster metal.
- Offers a slimmer shape that comfortably fits into all sizes of shoes, including more narrow styles and ankle boots.
- Small size makes it perfect for travel.
- Edges aren't as smooth as other options on the market.
3. OrthoStep Metal Shoe Horn
This wider shoe horn is exceptionally sturdy and finished in a sleek, high quality metal that will look nice on the shelf.
- Made in the USA.
- Comfortable to handle and easy to use.
- Features tiny hook on the end so it can easily hang on a nail or hook when not in use.
- The wide curvature may not be compatible with smaller feet.
All products featured have been independently selected and curated by our editorial team. If you buy something through the links included on our site, FN may earn a commission.