Whether you tend to splurge on pricey footwear or simply want to keep your favorite pairs pristine, shining your shoes is a great way to ensure they all stay in tip-top shape. Not only will this enhance their look but also extend their wearing life.
If you don’t have time to drop your shoes at a repair shop for a professional shine, there are lots of at-home polishes and creams that are easy to use and much less costly. Just grab a soft cloth and apply the formula to bring your worn pairs back to near-original condition.
Below, discover our ultimate guide to the best shoe shines you can buy now.
Watch on FN
1. Meltonian Boot and Shoe Cream Polish
This luxurious cream contains conditioning agents, along with natural wax for added shine.
- Goes on easy and helps scuffs practically disappear.
- Adds luster and shine with generous buffing.
- One jar can clean roughly three pairs of men’s shoes, and two pairs of boots.
- Color guide should be checked carefully since not all leathers pick up the color exactly as indicated.
- Some customers said the product darkens contrast stitching on shoes, so it's best to avoid applying it to stitching.
2. Kiwi Color Shine Liquid Polish
This no-wax formula features a built-in sponge applicator for smooth and even application.
- Dries quickly so you are ready to go in minutes.
- Liquid lasts multiple applications.
- Sponge applicator can be rinsed clean before storing for precise application every time.
- Only comes in two finishes: black and brown.
- Some customers say it's not as long-lasting as other options on the market.
3. Dr. Marten’s Wonder Balsam
The popular English footwear brand offers a colorless cream that adds shine while protecting against stains.
- Made with nourishing coconut oil, lanolin and beeswax for a supple finish.
- Removes light scratch marks.
- Does not rub off.
- On the more expensive end.
All products featured have been independently selected and curated by our editorial team. If you buy something through the links included on our site, FN may earn a commission.