Bunions are bony protrusions that form at the base of the big toe. As a result, the skin around the area becomes red, swollen and painful to the touch.
They are typically hereditary, but can also be caused by wearing too-tight shoes. While it’s best to avoid narrow pairs and opt for those with wide toe boxes, there are a range of over-the-counter products available that can help soothe and prevent bunions from getting worse. Below, we’ve rounded up the best treatments for bunions you can buy — starting at just $9. Read on to shop them all.
1. WalkHero Insoles
These multipurpose insoles will help align the toes to prevent bunions from worsening, while also providing ample cushioning for all-over pain relief.
- Features a deep heel cup to stabilize the foot and maintain proper positioning.
- Includes an EVA Footbed to absorb shock and support the arch, making it ideal for people who suffer from plantar fasciitis or ball of foot pain.
- Designed to fit in practically any closed toe style, including everyday and hiking shoes.
- Fabric reduces friction and is breathable to keep feet cool.
- Significantly cheaper than custom made inserts.
- May run small.
2. Alayna Bunion Relief Sleeve
Discreetly worn under socks or tights, these foot sleeves feature a gel cushion by the big toe to protect from painful rubbing.
- Comes as a pack of two at an affordable price.
- Also helps align the big toe.
- One size fits all.
- Compression isn’t super strong, so it the socks may move around on the foot with wear.
3. YogaToes Gems Gel Toe Separator
These gel toe separators are designed to help straighten the toes and increase their flexibility to minimize stress on feet.
- Made with hypoallergenic gel that won’t irritate skin.
- Durable, so will last you awhile.
- Also ideal for people with hammer toes, plantar fasciitis or chronic foot pain.
- May be initially uncomfortable, but discomfort typically subsides with wear once your feet get used to being in the right position.
- May catch on sheets if worn in bed.
All products featured have been independently selected and curated by our editorial team. If you buy something through the links included on our site, FN may earn a commission.