If there is one thing babies need, it’s lots of socks. Their tiny bodies can’t always regulate their own temperature, making them susceptible to catching a chill. Socks not only provide necessary warmth and coziness, but they can also add a fun fashion accent to any outfit. And because babies grow so fast and are notorious for kicking off — and promptly losing — their socks, it’s a good idea to keep the sock drawer well stocked at all times.
But in a market saturated with so many different options, which socks are best for newborns and toddlers? To help you tackle your shopping, we’ve rounded up the best styles to add to your tot’s repertoire now. Shop them all ahead.
1. Rative Anti-Slip Crew Socks
These tiny toddler socks — available in packs of either six or 12 pairs — are done in outfit-making prints and a comfy, stretch-cotton feel.
- Rubber grippers on the socks’ bottoms help keep crawling babies and new walkers from slipping on slick surfaces such as tile and hardwood floors.
- The longer crew style provides more warmth in the colder months than the typical ankle socks.
- Marketed towards boys but can also work for girls.
- Some customers say the socks run small in the cuff area, making them less suitable for babies with chubbier legs.
2. Luvable Friends Baby Socks
Offered in dozens of colorful six-pair assortments, these socks will add stylish flair to any baby’s wardrobe.
- Come in everything from solid colors to designs printed to look like shoes (such as sneakers and Mary Janes).
- The fold-down cuffs help the socks stay securely on babies’ wiggling feet.
- Sizing runs small.
- Some customers say the poly-cotton knitted material may not hold up well with heavy use and washing.
3. L.A. Active Grip Ankle Socks
A great everyday wardrobe staple, these socks come in a rainbow of colors to complete any outfit.
- The simple, solid-colored designs make them perfect for mixing and matching with different clothing looks.
- A grip pattern covers the socks’ bottoms entirely from heel to toe, providing extra protection from slips and falls.
- Available in newborn and toddler sizes.
- On the more expensive end.
- Cotton blend fabric may be susceptible to pilling when machine washed.
All products featured have been independently selected and curated by our editorial team. If you buy something through the links included on our site, FN may earn a commission.