Rain puddles are magnets for kids, but without the proper footwear, gleeful splashes can turn into fierce meltdowns when wet feet and socks are the result. Thankfully, there are a range of quality rainboots on the market that will help your tot stay content and comfortable — not to mention stylish. In fact, they’re available in adorable designs like unicorns, camo print and tons of vibrant hues.
To save you time wading through all the options, we’ve rounded up the best for kids, all available in toddler to little- and big-kid sizes. They’re marketed toward boys and girls, but we think any of these picks could work for either gender.
1. Crocs Kids’ Handle It Rain Boot
Large, durable pull handles stand up to tough play in this ultra-lightweight style that won’t weigh feet down.
- Wide handles are sturdier than thinner alternatives and tall enough to keep water from sloshing inside the boot through the cutouts.
- Great for wide feet.
- Doesn’t include a removable insole, which can get lost or dirty.
- Available in eight monochromatic styles for easy outfit pairings.
- Features non-marking textured outsole for added grip.
- Not insulated, but can accommodate liners or thicker socks for added warmth.
- May run small.
2. KomForme Kids Rain Boots
These fun and festive boots offer solid protection and sure-footing for under just $10.
- Felt-lined for added warmth.
- Feature easy pull handles.
- Include non-slip tread.
- Available in over a dozen colorful cartoon prints, which also include 3D accents like bows and printed flamingos.
- Include deep tread pattern in the outsole for added grip.
- Fairly heavy and not quite as durable as more recognizable brand name styles.
3. LoneCone Kids Rain Boots
These LoneCone rain boots feature an exceptionally roomy shaft for added comfort.
- Feature non-slip tread.
- Include reinforced pull handles.
- Available in over 20 cartoon prints to suit any style.
- Tend to run large.
All products featured have been independently selected and curated by our editorial team. If you buy something through the links included on our site, FN may earn a commission.