It’s time to swap out your ankle socks for those cozy, calf-covering sets. Winter is here, and as the East Coast prepares for heavy snow and something called a “bomb cyclone” in the coming days, it’s important to keep feet warm in subzero temperatures.
For many companies, it’s all about the Merino wool fabric and its natural heating and cooling abilities and comfort. With the power to have excellent breathability and moisture control, Merino wool is usually your best bet when it comes to keeping warm all winter long. But, there are others companies that also offer options with benefitting insulation features.
Shop these sock brands below that’ll be sure to keep you warm enough this winter.
1. Warrior Alpaca Old School Ragg Wool Striped Socks
Available for men and women, the natural alpaca yarn, which is wool free and hypoallergenic, provides thermostatic insulation to keep feet warm and dry.
Watch on FN
2. Icebreaker Socks Men’s Hike Heavy Crew Socks
3. Darn Tough Vermont Mountaineering Micro Crew Extra Cushion Socks
4. Uniqlo Women’s Heattech Line Sport Socks
5. Smartwool Outdoor Heavy Over-The-Calf Socks
6. Heat Holders Sleeperzzz Ladies Solid Lounge Socks
Say Goodbye to Wet Socks: These Waterproof Knit Sneakers Are Hacked to Stay Dry
How to Wear Duck Boots and Still Look Stylish
7 Compression Socks & Tights to Take You Through Every Day of the Week