Few things in life are better than finally cashing in on those long-hoarded rewards points.
But even the best loyalty programs can sometimes make you feel like you have to spend $1,000 just to save a few bucks. Plus, there’s a need to stay on top of navigating emails and sign-up forms to boot. Still, a winning rewards program makes sense for the frequent and savvy shopper — in some cases, you’ll get discounts and gifts just for buying things you were already planning to get.
We rounded up a list of some of the best points and rewards programs among popular retailers such as Macy’s, Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue. Consider signing up to put the money you’re already spending to work in your favor.
- Shoes.com: With 1 point for every $1 spent and $10 in spending money after 200 points, the popular shoe site’s rewards program will have you seeing real-time prizes after just a few orders.
- Designer Shoe Warehouse: DSW Rewards only requires you to spend $150 to get a $10 gift card — the retailer also has constant promotions that give you more points for shopping on particular days.
- Macy’s (Plenti System): The Plenti program gives you $10 off after every $200 spent and can be used across stores like Macy’s, Rite Aid and Hulu.
- REI Co-Op: The outdoor recreation store’s program costs $20 for a lifetime membership — and gives you 10 percent off all your purchases once a year.
- Saks Fifth Avenue: The Saks Fifth Avenue program is tied to a credit card, but the $25 gift certificates you get after after every 2,500 points may be worth it for the long run; You get 2 points for every dollar, with frequent double and triple days.
- Zappos: Shoe shoppers will love the rewards program at Zappos, which gives you early access to sales and free 1-day shipping for a year after spending $120. Extra rewards, like no-questions-asked returns and a choose-your-own-gift option, get added on as you move into the different spending categories.
- J.Crew: While J. Crew’s program will also require you to sign up for a credit card, it might be worth it if you are a frequent shopper at the store. You get 15 percent off of your purchase right away and, later, $25 for every $500 you spend.
- Nordstrom: Nordstrom Rewards gives you 1 point for every dollar you spend at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack or HauteLook. After 2,000 points, you get an automatic $20 gift card; you can also earn points faster by signing up for a Nordstrom credit card.
Watch on FN
How to Easily Return Unwanted Gifts This Holiday Season
These 9 Stores Have the Best Return Policies
New Site Makes It Easy to Comparison Shop for the Best Shoe Deals in One Simple Search