Starbucks has a limited-edition Unicorn Frappuccino drink that’s breaking the Internet, with no shortage of memes and bragging rights abounding on social media. Instagram and Twitter streams are swirling with photos of the shimmery rainbowlike drink, which features stunning touches of pink, purple and blue.
Think of it as Lisa Frank in a cup.
The whimsical beverage debuted Wednesday and will be available through Sunday at participating locations in North America.
Even the ingredients sound like a fantasy: “The Unicorn Frappuccino blended crème is made with a sweet dusting of pink powder, blended into a crème Frappuccino with mango syrup and layered with a pleasantly sour blue drizzle,” Starbucks said in a statement. “It is finished with vanilla whipped cream and a sprinkle of sweet pink and sour blue powder topping.”
But the real novelty is in the changing colors. It starts off as a “purple beverage with swirls of blue and a first taste that is sweet and fruity,” Starbucks said, “but give it a stir and its color changes to pink, and the flavor evolves to tangy and tart.”
Watch on FN
Sure, it’s a drinkable work of art, but the same ombre palette can be a treat for the feet, too.
Here, we look at shoes that nod to the Unicorn Frappuccino.
1. Brooks Adrenaline GTS 17, $120-$130; brooksrunning.com.
2. Keds x Malhia Kent Champion Murphy, $125; keds.com.
3. Irregular Choice Candy Damsel, £130 (around $166); irregularchoice.com.
4. Irregular Choice Dreamkiss, £109 (around $139); irregularchoice.com.
5. Vans Kids Glitter & Iridescent Sk8-Hi Zip, $45; vans.com.
6. Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Lo Iridescent, $59.99; journeys.com.
7. Vans Slim Ombre Purple-Blue canvas sneakers, $49.95; ebay.com.