Sole Commerce came and conquered in New York City. The show, owned by UBM Fashion, began Monday at the Javits Center and wrapped up today.
This time around marked the debut of a different format, featuring an additional section of shoes: a space dedicated to other brands called Footwear at Coterie. According to Leslie Gallin, president of footwear at UBM, about 100 brands were added to the section.
Footwear News was there to scope out the top shoe trends for fall ’17. We caught up with seven brands and here are the top three trends they listed for the season.
Pour La Victoire
1. Kitten heel mule
2. Thigh-high boots
3. Slides in metallics and snakeskin
1. Patent ankle boot with a kitten heel
2. Mohair pumps with embellishments
3. Printed velvets
1. Pearls on booties, sneakers and flats
2. Safety pin details
3. Furry animals on sneakers
1. Red patent heel boots
2. Pearls on a wrap-up peep-toe sandal
3. Menswear flats with studs
Kennel and Schmenger
1. The white collection (including sneakers with pearls)
2. Lambs wool
1. Cut-out mule with embellishments
2. Heels with mink details
3. Silver and gold metallics