“We know runners — and we know many are looking for a device that gives them an easy, fun way to start running,” Trevor Edwards, president of the Nike Brand, said in a statement. “The market is full of complex, hard-to-read devices that focus on your data. This focuses on your life. It’s a powerful device with a simple solution — your perfect running partner.”
The product is $369 for the 38mm version and $399.99 for the 42m one. Nike invited FN to test the watch on a three-mile run, and here are five features and facts to know.
1. Built-in GPS tracks your pace, route and distance. With just a tap, you can view your pace, distance and heart rate. If desired, the watch will talk to you along the way, letting you know when you’ve hit your mileage goals.
2. If you’ve been using the Nike+ Run Club app, the watch functions with the same capabilities, so you can run sans phone. If you need motivation to pound the pavement, you can set run reminders and even share your run summaries to challenge friends. There is even a feature to fist-bump friends and fellow users.
3. The watch also syncs with Siri commands and will adapt to coaching plans. Tips and guidance are also offered from Nike coaches and athletes.
4. If you’re interested in swimming, the Series 2 is water-resistant up to 50 meters.
5. You can personalize your progress and fitness goals, using Activity Rings, Heart Rate, Stopwatch and Weather features.