Things are in full swing for LPGA’s breakout star Brooke Henderson after a spectacular performance at the Rio Olympics.
The 18-year-old Canadian golfer was tapped on Thursday to represent Skechers Go Golf footwear in a multiyear deal, which includes wearing shoes from the line and appearing in marketing campaigns.
“From the moment I tried the shoes and tested them on the course, I immediately loved the Skechers GO GOLF line,” Henderson said in a statement. “The exceptional product has really helped me with my game.”
Below, we round up 11 things you might not know about golf’s latest sensation.
1. The country music fan counts Reba McEntire, George Strait and Thomas Rhett among her favorite artists.
2. After winning a new Kia K900 during the 2016 Women’s PGA tour, she gave the car as a gift to her sister Brittany — who’s also her caddie and a professional golfer, too.
3. She endorses BioSteel Sports Nutrition drinks and golf-club brand Ping.
4. Henderson and fellow pro golfers Lydia Ko and Lexi Thompson are the only athletes to win on the LPGA tour before turning 18 years old.
5. Henderson dominates on the green, but she once wanted to triumph on ice. The athlete gave up playing hockey when she was 12.
6. Truly a heavy hitter, she swings a 48-inch driver.
7. Henderson incorporates a smiley face in her name when she signs autographs.
8. In June, she threw the ceremonial first pitch at a Philadelphia Phillies game against the Washington Nationals.
9. Now ranked No. 2 in the world, Henderson won her first major at 18 years old at the 2016 KPMG Women’s PGA Championship — becoming the youngest ever to take the title.
10. Henderson began training with Golf Canada’s amateur and young professional development programs in 2012.
11. She often participates in junior golf clinics to inspire the next generation.