The past 12 months saw a bevy of collaborations. With returning partnerships, unlikely combos and more, designers and brands teamed up to create new, memorable styles throughout the year.
While the Vetements x Manolo Blahnik runway wader boots won our 2016 Footwear News Achievement Award for Collaboration of the Year, we’re highlighting more of our favorites here. Standouts ranged included Gosha Rubchinskiy’s Fila shoes — talk about making an old-school sneaker cool again — and Valentina Carrano’s boots that were hand-painted by artist Donald Robertson.
See our top 12 picks below:
1. Manolo Blahnik x Vetements
2. Gosha Rubchinskiy x Fila
3. George Esquivel x Brock Collection
4. Creatures of the Wind x Newbark
5. Paul Andrew x Rosie Assoulin
6. Manolo Blahnik x Rihanna
7. Giuseppe Zanotti x Zayn Malik
8. Ruthie Davis x Minions
9. Chatelles Paris x Elizabeth von Thurn und Taxis
10. Vans x Nintendo
11. Gucci x Disney
12. Valentina Carrano x Donald Robertson
For a closer look at the collabos, click through the gallery.