Designers are taking liberties with the classics this season, reinterpreting oxfords, high-tops and boots with edgy details suited for urban appeal. Below, FN editors rank the Top 10 men’s styles to add to your wardrobe.
1. Peter Nappi points the way west in a citified version that stays true to its roots with a turned-up toe.
2. Dior Homme takes a classic high-top to the court by detailing it with a punky floral arrangement.
3. Camouflage continues to show its fashion position in a civilian-inspired boot by Valentino.
4. The wingtip lets its guard down in a casual interpretation from Anthony Miles that taps a marble quarry for inspiration.
5. A south-of-the-border huarache from Freeman Plat picks up some polish when it merges with a zip-front bootie with side gores.
6. Paul Andrew goes for the bold with a crisscross buckle sandal on an army-green oversized lug sole.
7. The next generation of denim starts at the feet with Toms’ cap-toe sneaker dressed up with side-stitched leather welt.
8. A traditional oxford by Exceed Shoe Thinkers earns its stripes with rows of embroidery, then picks up a fresh white sole.
9. Frye elevates the staple high-top with woven finishing and leather laces.
10. Del Toro unleashes its crafty side with a colorful beaded smoking slipper.
For a closer look at FN’s top picks, click through the gallery.