In a sea of endless shoe options, the market can be intimidating. Suedes in every color, heels in all heights, flats with various toe shapes — how does one choose? Luckily, FN is here to help you narrow the search by highlighting the must-buy styles on the market right now.
The key to building a successful shoe wardrobe is creating a range that’s fit for any occasion, be it nailing that job interview or shopping on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
Below are the six styles every woman should own:
1. The platform. The heightened style is coming back from the ’90s in a major way, with modern twists like buckling and whipstitching. Pick a neutral-colored leather to maintain the newly luxurious feel.
2. The pointy flat. The flat is a fan favorite for its versatility, and a new pointy silhouette gives the style a modern spin. Take it a step further with a printed vamp and a dainty ankle strap.
3. The trainer. Refined training shoes have been trending on the market for a while. Athletic Propulsion Labs’ neon style is a fun, bold take on the staple style.
4. The mule. The sleek mule isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Whether in the office or out for cocktails, a sleek black style will surely get heavy usage.
5. The mensy oxford. If you want a break from torturous heels, the oxford laceup is the perfect alternative for shopping around town.
6. The statement heel. Because we all need that one impractical pair, am I right?
For six current-season options, click through the gallery.