Working in an office environment can make for one challenging shoe situation — a meeting there, an appointment here. How does one predict appropriate footwear for the day?
Luckily, we at FN can help. To solve that fashion dilemma, we’ve highlighted the five essential styles to keep at the office.
1. The Meeting Pump. We’ve all been there: an unexpected meeting pops up, and suddenly your trusty Nikes just don’t seem appropriate. To prepare yourself for facetime with higher-ups, keep a sleek pump in close proximity. Be sure to look for a neutral color to match any outfit, as well as subtle detailing for visual interest, like Jimmy Choo’s metallic heel.
2. The Crosstown Flat. Similar to the surprise meeting, running to appointments across town can call for a speedy shoe switch. Meandher’s metallic penny loafer is a comfy alternative to the running shoe, but keeps your stylish look intact.
3. The Cocktail Heel. Once you’re ready to clock out of the office, you’ll need a stunning stiletto to hit happy hour. Mixed-metallic mules from Malone Souliers instantly amp up the classic little black dress (plus, they’re easy to slip on).
4. The Commuter Oxford. Though it’s tempting to throw on a pair of runners to get to and from work, there’s no reason the commuting shoe has to sacrifice polish. Sarah Flint’s suede oxford is ready to hit the streets but is still a smart style to wear in the office.
5. The Punchy Print. Now that we’ve covered the basics, there will be some days where your outfit could use some extra punch. The printed shoe, like The Office of Angela Scott’s striped laceup, will take your corporate attire from drab to fab.
For office-ready footwear options, click through the gallery.