Rupert Sanderson is the man behind the Minion shoes that Sandra Bullock has rocked on the red carpet.
The designer was trained at Cordwainers College in East London and worked for brands like Sergio Rossi and Bruno Magli before branching out on his own.
Now, he operates stores in both London and Hong Kong. Here, FN shares five fun facts about the British designer.
1. He is also a fan of boat design.
If Sanderson hadn’t made his way into the shoe business, he said, it’s likely he would have designed boats instead.
2. If he could be a shoe, it would be a Sperry style.
“Currently, I am feeling like a well-worn Sperry deck shoe.”
3. His drink of choice is Campari.
The designer named Campari as his favorite drink.
4. His personal shoe collection totals about 40 pairs.
“Riviera’s, Churches and Geo cycling shoes,” he said.
5. On a woman, he can’t decide between heels and flats.
“Both, obviously, for the appropriate occasion. A woman knows the situation and opportunity dictates.”