Monique Lhuillier is all about height. The designer admitted she’s a dedicated heels girl — with about 80 pairs of shoes in her personal collection.
Here, learn about Lhuillier’s shoe taste and a few fun facts.
1. She owns about 80 pairs of shoes.
“Approximately 80. Other [than her own label], favorites are Celine, Christian Louboutin, Chloe, Fendi, Saint Laurent, Aquazarra, Alaia, Givenchy, Nike and Converse.”
2. You will almost always find Lhuillier in heels rather than flats.
“Heels! I’m petite and appreciate the empowering feeling of wearing a high heel. It’s about the power and energy that putting on a high heel [delivers] that is like no other.”
3. Many celebrities have worn her wedding dresses.
From Britney Spears to Reese Witherspoon to Carrie Underwood to Kristin Cavallari the list is long.
4. If Lhuillier were a shoe, it would be a Lucite heel.
“I would be a shoe with a Lucite heel, as it has a modern-day ‘Glass Slipper’ effect that I love.”
5. The designer grew up in Cebu City, in the Philippines.
Later in life, she moved to Switzerland to finish school at Chateau Mont-Choisi.