The men’s market is brimming with more styles and design experimentation than ever before. From classics like the loafer to outlandish sneaker styles, the options can be a tad overwhelming. Therefore, FN has rounded up the top six styles that every man should have in his closet.
While the shoes spotlighted here are definitely hot this season, most will also last you for many more to come — just be sure to pick colors that are on the classic side, except for the occasional daring moment.
Below are the six styles that every man needs:
1. The crisscross sandal. Men’s sandals get an elevated touch in sleek crisscross silhouettes. Dan Ward, which offers made-in-Italy beachwear and footwear, strikes the perfect balance between comfort and style.
2. The buckled boot. Boots are a sturdy staple, and the latest spring trend amps up the style with leather strapping and double-buckling. Berluti’s ultra-luxe style takes it even further in a burnished, colored leather.
Watch on FN
3. The all-white sneaker. The white low-top court was one of the biggest trends for spring. Give the sporty shoe a fashion edge by looking for sleek silhouettes and soft leathers, like Mr. Hare’s style.
4. The penny loafer. Traditionally a summer shoe, the penny loafer has evolved into a seasonless style thanks to creative runway styling. (Socks and loafers? You bet.) J.Crew’s Ludlow style is an affordable option.
5. The printed shoe. On days when your wardrobe is feeling a bit tired, a printed shoe will deliver renewed inspiration. Burberry Prorsum’s printed retro runner is sure to catch the eye.
6. The creeper. Another huge trend for spring, the creeper is back in full force. The update? Non-punk finishes, like Adieu’s perforated leather treatment and gum sole.
Honorable mention: The lace-up dress shoe (a given, but a must nonetheless).
To see the must-have options available now, click through the gallery.