The designer, who launched his business in 2008, counts actresses like Jennifer Lawrence, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Alba, Blake Lively, Zoe Saldana and Alessandra Ambrosio as a few top famous faces.
Here, Birman shares shoe moments from his closet and more fun facts.
1. Birman personally owns about 100 pairs of shoes.
“My go-tos are always sneakers, including Lanvin, Botegga Veneta, Valentino, Prada and Gucci.”
2. Typically, he prefers heels on a woman.
““I prefer the look of heels, but a woman should wear whatever she is is comfortable and feels most confident in.”
3. His family started in the shoe business in the 1970’s in South America.
4. Birman is an experienced Ironman competitor.
The designer has competed in a handful of races.
5. If he were a shoe, it would be his Clarita style.
““I think I would be a classic sandal, like Clarita, the best to be used forever in any location.”