Anticipation is swirling around the Yeezy Season 1 release, which is coming on Oct. 29. Kanye West first showed the collection at New York Fashion Week in February, and since then there have been periodic shoe releases, but no apparel has been available.
The first gray Yeezy Boost 350 was released on June 27, and the black version came out on Aug. 22. Adidas has been teasing the release of Yeezy Season 1 apparel since last week, and on Monday the athletic brand revealed the release dates for the 950 boots and the next 350 colorway.
Footwear News announced last week that we will be honoring Kanye West with the “Shoe of the Year” award for the Yeezy sneakers.
Earlier this month, West had this to say about the Yeezy phenomenon in an interview with SHOWstudio: “We sell shoes that people want to line up for because we put love in them, we put heart in them, we want to make Christmas presents, we want to make something that people want so bad that it hurts them if they can’t have it.”
Here, we’re recapping everything we know about the release so far.
- Yeezy Season 1, including the 950 boots, will be released on Oct. 29.
- The Yeezy Boost 350 will be released on Nov. 14.
- The 950 boots are being offered for both men and women.
- The 950 boots for men will reportedly be offered in four colorways: chocolate brown, black, a dark taupe and light beige.
- The price for the 950 boots is reportedly $510.
- It’s widely believed that the next 350 colorway will be beige, which West wore at the MTV VMAs in August.
- Many retailers have already announced via social media that they will be stocking Yeezy Season 1 apparel and the 950s.
Check back for updates.