Retailers weighed in on the best-selling styles of the week:
THE SHOE INN, Charlotte, N.C.
1. Nike Free Run styles
2. Kenneth Cole Reaction Take a Flake
3. Nina Kids Raleigh
Top trend: “We are starting to hear requests for higher wedges and clogs,” said owner Tim Butler. “Western continues to be strong for us, and young boys [buy] a lot of Sperry Top-Sider.”
BROOKS SHOES FOR KIDS, Santa Monica, Calif.
1. Stride Rite Cora and Stride Rite for Disney Wish Lights Aurora
2. Nike Flex Experience
3. Ugg Australia Classic Short
Top trend: “We get two customers,” said Matthew Brooks, buyer and regional manager. “Our clientele is middle- to higher-end and are either concerned about quality and fit, or fashion and the next hot item. It’s really one or the other.”
SHOES ’N MORE, Greenwich, Conn.
1. Ugg Australia Classic Short and Classic Tall
2. Steve Madden Girl Cablee
3. Timberland boots in any style
Top trend: “The kids’ business is tough. Moms are just coming here for the staple items,” said manager Ann Spallone.
HANSEL & GRETEL, Wilmington, Del.
1. Jumping Jacks Annalise and Anna
2. Lelli Kelly Mary Jane and double-Velcro styles
3. Sperry Top-Sider Colton loafer
Top trend: “We’re a lot more traditional than other kids’ shoe stores, but we have a lot of people looking for dress shoes for girls and boys, especially with the holidays,” said manager Jamie Russ.