SIMONS SHOES, Brookline, Mass.
1. Fly London Ylva women’s open-toe sandal
2. Naot Dorith sandal
3. Clarks Casslynn Lizzie platform wedge sandal
Top spring trends: “Platforms and wedges and color,” said manager Morgan Keenan, “particularly oranges and reds.”
MIROBALLI SHOES, Orland Park, Ill.
1. Earthies flats
2. Rieker Mary Jane styles with fashion straps
3. Naot Rongo, Dorith, Kayla and Palace styles
Top spring trends: “Transitional footwear has been critical with the cool weather,” said co-owner Perry Miroballi, adding that colors vary from brights to subtle nudes and grays.
KAUFMAN SHOES, Memphis, Tenn.
1. Dansko’s Sophie, Sandi and Donna sandals
2. Naot sandals
3. Arche closed-up and sandal styles in purple and coral
Top spring trends: “Spring ’13 was our first season with Arche, and it has performed tremendously for us,” said owner and President Gary Malkin, adding that $40 Terox flip-flops have also been selling out.
SANTE FE TRADING CO., Saugatuck, Mich.
1. Go Lite women’s Spot Lite mesh multisport style
2. Wolky Ojibwa Mary Jane-style moccasin
3. Dansko Sedona collection
Top spring trend: “We specialize in fun colors,” said co-owner Korry Hoeksema. “People like metallic and colors in sandals. Women get excited by the colors we have.”
ELEMENTS FOR THE SOLE, Berkeley, Calif.
1. Fly London platform sandals
2. Earth Bonsai Too wedge sandal
3. Bernie Mev Comfi woven Mary Jane style
Top spring trends: “Sandals have been strong,” said owner Melissa Schappert. “And color has been good for us.”