LORIN SHOES, Santa Monica, Calif.
1. Sam Edelman Louie fringed ankle boot
2. Jeffrey Campbell Ellie Mae button-strap over-the-ankle boot
3. Sneaker wedges
Top Sellers: “Ankle booties are doing well in everything from western to combat styles,” said Hamzi Hijazi, buyer. Separately, Dr. Martens’ 1460 oxford is selling.
FIVESTORY, New York
1. Aperlai Paris Geisha heel style in maroon velvet
2. Laurence Dacade Achille above-the-ankle boot
3. Aquazzura Baby Czarina ankle boot
Top Sellers: “At the end of the day, [we sell] things that aren’t [available] everywhere,” said owner/buyer Claire Distenfeld, citing low-rise boots as topping the list.
TWO SOLE SISTERS, Boulder, Colo.
1. La Canadienne Caleb engineer boot
2. La Canadienne Domenic knee-high boot
3. Bos. & Co. Bay City knee-high harness boot
Top Sellers: Boots, from fashionable weatherproof styles to flat and heeled booties, are selling, according to Laurel Tate, co-owner. Also selling are comfort-driven flats with hidden demi-wedges.
SHOE, Reno, Nev.
1. Fiorentini Baker triple-buckle Eternity boot
2. Bettye Muller pumps
3. Corso Como assorted styles
Top Sellers: “People like short boots,” said owner Serena Robb. “They can be dressy or sporty. They’re practical, since they can service a lot of looks. And, anyone can wear them.”
CITY SOLES, Chicago
1. Chie Mihara range of styles
2. Coclico Ndakinna ankle boot on clog base
3. Coclico Vlad ankle boot
Top Sellers: “Boots are always popular, particularly ankle boots,” said Tarri Breeden, GM. “You can wear them with anything — even shorts and dresses.”
PIXIE MARKET, New York
1. Jeffrey Campbell
Top Sellers: Pointy-toe shoes and heels have been a big hit, according to co-owners Gaelle Drevet and Magda Monteagudo, with a black pointy-toe ankle flat from Missy as the store’s best seller. Western touches, especially cowboy-looking boots, have also been strong.
RUIA, New York
1. Rain boots by Portuguese designer Guava
2. Grey Mer shearling boots
3. Swarovski-encrusted Loriblu sandals with silver soles
Top Sellers: “The Guava boots are a fun and different take on a rainboot,” said owner Kajal Ruia. “Combined with a competitive price point, they’ve proven to be a best-seller for the New York market. They’re available in short and tall lengths, and even a high-heel version.”