CHOU CHOU, Wilton, Conn.
1. Michael Kors, Veil
2. Cole Haan, Talia Wedge
3. Hunter rainboots in all colors
Top trends: “Suede is hot for fall,” said Katie Sanford, buyer for Chou Chou. “It’s a driving force for sales. We have plenty of boots for the fall that are going to be a hot seller.”
TWO SOLE SISTERS, Boulder, Colo.
1. Everybody, Verte Bootie
2. Coclico, Ndakinna Sahara Bootie
3. French Sole, Zeppa Demi-Wedge
Hot fall brand: “La Canadienne is making great all-weather boots that are more stylish than the traditional rainboots for the girls in the city who still want to look good when the weather is bad,” said Laurel Tate, co-owner of Two Sole Sisters.
SHOE, Reno, Nev.
1. Fiorentini + Baker, Brighton Billy
2. Trippen, Kick Wedge
3. Fred & Toto, Cooper Boot and Devon Boot (in plaid)
Top trends: Owner Serena Robb said, “Texture is everywhere for fall. It’s huge. We’ve got a lot of flannel, suede and shearling showing up on the designs.”
NOS BOUTIQUE, Brooklyn, N.Y.
1. H by Hudson ankle boots with buckles
2. Matt Bernson smoking slipper
3. Vera Wang ballet flats
On sale: Racquel Nosworthy, owner of Nos Boutique, said, “Our store loves to provide special opportunities for loyal customers. Our next sale will be a friends-and-family sale coming up this fall.