REDMAN’S SHOES DOWNTOWN, Alliance, Neb.
1. Clarks’ Unstructured line
2. Timberland Pro 6-inch workboot
3. Reebok Realflex
Top fall trend: “Nothing too dressy,” said manager Trish Johnston. ”Men are looking for shoes more along the casual line, shoes they can pull off with jeans and khakis and that won’t be worn for just one occasion.”
MITCHELLS, Greenwich, Conn.
1. Salvatore Ferragamo’s Magnifico slip-on
2. To Boot New York’s Hawthorne boot
3. Heschung taupe suede chukka boot
Top fall trend: “There is a huge boot trend,” said Noella Duh, men’s shoe buyer. “Styles like hiking boots, motorcycle boots and dress boots are selling.”
SOULA, Brooklyn, N.Y.
1. Camper plain-toe laceup
2. Clarks Desert boots
3. Grenson wingtip dress shoes
Top fall trend: “A popular style is in somewhat vintage leather, which looks like it’s a little antique or distressed,” said owner Rick Lee.
CITY SOLES, Chicago
1. J.D. Fisk’s Nikko two-toned saddle shoes
2. Cushe sneakers
3. P. Monjo wingtip boots
Top fall trend: “Men are looking for an updated version to the wingtip boot, but with a more serious round toe,” said owner Scott Starbuck.