KICK, La Crosse, Wis.
1. Poetic Licence — Apple Of My Eye in blue
2. Seychelles — vintage-inspired white satin heel with silver detailing
3. Bourne — ivory silk satin, romantic ruffles and crystal-encrusted heels
Top trends: “Our bridal customer [wants] a wide assortment of colors, style options and heel heights,” said Andrea Poukey, who co-owns Kick with Allison Krzych. “Brides have become more practical and want to wear their shoes after their big day — this is another reason why brides choose color and unique styles.”
BRIDAL REFLECTIONS, New York
1. Grazia — Cherie slingback open-toe ivory silk pump with jeweled brooch
2. Martinez Valero — Olivia satin peep-toe platform pump with lace appliqué
3. Angela Nuran — Starletta Glitz with ankle strap and jeweled toe brooch
Top trends: “The trend for bridal footwear is a lot of jeweled brooch accents,” said senior buyer Christina DeMarco, adding that footwear with platforms and texture are also selling well with bridal parties.
BRUCETTES SHOES, Houston
1. Benjamin Adams — Rihanna satin peep-toe pump with Austrian crystal-crusted cone/wedge heel and Gaga round-toe classic pump with Swarovski crystals and ivory silk heel
2. Pink — Sizzle peep-toe slingback satin pump with tuxedo bow and rhinestone detailing
3. Colorful Creations — Brianna Leigh’s Karina peep-toe silk pump with crystal detailing
Top trends: “Young brides are excited about high heels, dazzling rhinestone and crystal accents,” said manager Bill Pettis.
THE LEFT BANK, Chicago
1. Angela Nuron — Astoria open-toe pump with ankle strap and Swarovski crystal detailing
2. Benjamin Adams — Charlize peep-toe pump covered in Swarovski crystals and ivory silk
3. Grazia — Valentine peep-toe pump with rhinestone brooch
Top trends: “Brides are gravitating toward crystal-embellished shoes and putting their own personal style on simpler designs,” said retail associate Kim Hall. “Sometimes the bride brings in an antique brooch to have applied to the shoe. Another big trend is to wear colored shoes other than the traditional white and ivory. Metallics are also very popular.”
SHOE CHIC, Englewood, N.J.
1.Something Bleu — Cassidy white and ivory peep-toe heel with bow detail
2. Benjamin Adams — Fox open-toe sandal with crystals and Catherine peep-toe pump with crystals
3. Lady Couture — Cinderella Bella bootie in metallic gold and silver with studs
Top trends: “The hot trend for wedding shoes is metallics,” said owner Gary Derarkissian. “Silver, gold and pewter are popular, along with anything shiny, crystal-detailed and blinged-out.”
BUS STOP BOUTIQUE, Philadelphia
1. Irregular Choice — Abigails Party sparkly shoe with chunky sequins, contrasting stitching and an oversized satin ribbon closure
2. Olinda — Sara classic pump with contrasting metallic gold leather piping and sparkling embossed leather at the toe
3. Toms — Classics in sequins
Top trends: “The trend we’re seeing most here is brides wanting something funky: a pop of bold color, jewel tones, leopard prints and metallics,” said owner Elena Brennan. “We have a lot of artsy ladies here in Philadelphia, and they want something unusual, surprising and a little avant-garde.”