Italian leather producers at New York’s spring ’12 Arts & Tannery show went globe-trotting.
Asian influences show up in delicate lace patterns and rich metallics such as gold and silver.
1. New Pelli’s doily-effect sheepskin.
2. Red full-grain cowhide from Ausonia.
3. Gold-washed embossed split cowhide from M2.
4. Embossed painted swirls from Gemini.
5. Pellegrini Group’s mirrored-effect calfskin.
6. Laser-cut floral split cowhide from MB3.
Tropical hues and patterns take inspiration from the color scheme of South America.
1. Hand-painted cowhide from Gemini.
2. Vegetable-tone lambskin from Carisma.
Watch on FN
3. Polka-dot goatskin from Pellegrini Group.
4. Watercolor design from Pellegrini Group.
5. Saturated sherbet tones from MB3.
6. Pastel metallic geometrics from Pellegrini Group.
The wild kingdom sparks novelty prints drawn from exotic reptiles and big-game animals.
1. New Pelli’s metallic snake-print sheepskin.
2. M2’s pastel zebra-inspired split cowhide.
3. Zebra and leopard-hair calfskin from Pellegrini Group.
4. Embossed elephant-print sheepskin by New Pelli.
5. Reptile patent calfskin from Pellegrini Group.
6. Natural tone, embossed exotics from MB3.