• First store opens at 7753 Melrose Ave. in West Hollywood.
• Owners take over more storefronts in same building, mainly using them as warehouse space.
• Storage space is converted into an apparel store, which later moves to 7751 Melrose Ave.
• Second footwear store debuts at 7454 Melrose Ave.
• Company is immortalized in the 60th anniversary issue of “Archie” comics.
• New location opens in the San Fernando Valley, at 14510 Ventura Blvd. in Sherman Oaks, Calif.
• Footwear News names Sportie LA “Independent Retailer of the Year.”
• Sportiela.com launches.
• Shop showcased on VH1 as Missy Elliot’s favorite shoe store, on “The Fabulous Life of Missy Elliot.”
• Retailer introduces branded Mini Cooper for same-day deliveries in Los Angeles.
• Original store expands by 2,000 square feet with the addition of The Vault.
• Enrique Iglesias makes an appearance on Oprah wearing a Sportie LA hat.
• Sportie LA Media division launches.
• Warehouse is centralized in a single location.
• Company partners with ACI International to relaunch LA Gear brand.
• Shop-in-shop at apparel retailer Live! opens.
• San Diego store debuts in the city’s downtown Gaslamp quarter.
• Rapper Ice-T spends a day working in the store as part of the hidden-camera TV show “I Get That a Lot.”
• Sportie LA Kids store opens.
• “Bachelor” Jason Mesnick and his groomsmen are supplied with Nike Retro Air Jordans for wedding to Molly Malaney.
• Apparel store reopens in new location.
• Company celebrates 25th anniversary.
• Online magazine launches at Sportielab.com