Last week’s hot product at retail.
Tootsies, Burlington, Vt.
1. Blowfish Merger boot
2. BC Danke sandal
3. Not Rated Saba Island boot, Charming sandal
On Sale: “We’re also a pedicure shop, so we’re offering 20 percent off a pair of spring shoes with a pedicure,” co-owner Beth Estey said.
DNA Footwear, Brooklyn, N.Y.
1. Keds Champion sneaker
2. Blowfish Hichi ankle boot
3. Kamik Heidi rain boot, Ellie rain boot
On Sale: “We’re doing 50 to 70 percent off odds and ends from the fall season,” said owner Daniel Kahalani. “It’s a good way to drive people in and get them looking at spring products.”
Two Sole Sisters, Boulder, Colo.
1. Biviel platform sandal (below)
2. Miz Mooz Howl clog sandal
3. All Black flats
On Sale: “We have a few products from the fall — it’s about 1 percent of our inventory — and we’re doing 60 percent off our fall items,” co-owner Laurel Tate said.
1. Fergie Isatope sandal (below)
2. Jessica Simpson Astor heel
3. Steve Madden Brasko boot
On Sale: “We’ll have a 24-hour sale for St. Patrick’s Day, when all our styles will be 20 percent off, with few exceptions,” said buyer and merchandiser Rachel Funk.
Kitson, Los Angeles
1. Jeffrey Campbell clogs
2. Vivienne Westwood by Melissa
3. Emu classic sheepskin boots
On Sale: “No sales going are on,” said owner Fraser Ross, “but clogs are big for juniors this season because they make girls feel taller and they’re not as sexy [as a heel], so parents approve of them.”
1. Qupid System 125 high-heel studded pump (below)
2. City Snappers Lisa-C women’s boot
3. Styluxe India sandal
On Sale: “If you buy any spring item, you get up to an additional 30 to 50 percent off a fall item. We’re driving the customer to new products as well as letting them spend wisely on other products,” said owner Robert Yeganeh.