The salon’s founder, Olivia Keusters, has her flagship store in Paris’ Marais district and regularly works with brands such as Dior.
Here are her top tips for a failsafe at-home pedi — plus, how to nail your color like a true Parisian.
- Buff up and push down your cuticles.
- Hydrate your nails with oil.
- Remove leftover oil with acetone or the polish won’t stay put.
- Always use a base and a topcoat in addition to your color. Try CND’s Vinylux.
- Ensure you cover the nail rim with all the coats. That’s the secret to the professional salon effect.
- The most popular shades for haute Parisians are nude and “le vrai rouge” (a true red).
- Don’t match your mani to your pedi; it looks old-fashioned and can be really aging. Clash or color-block instead — just as you would your clothes.