To help you save hard-earned cash, we asked shopping expert Trae Bodge to share some of her top tips for cashing in on discounts and deals with the use of online promotions over the holidays. “You don’t need to be an extreme couponer to enjoy the benefits of coupons,” she said.
- Go Online: It’s never been easier to find a coupon for everything from Aquazzura heels to New Balance running shoes. “Nowadays, you don’t have to clip coupons from the newspaper or circulars, you can use digital coupons and coupon codes,” Bodge told Footwear News. Sites like SavingsAngel.com and apps like Slickdeals offer daily round-ups of different online discounts you can use.
- Set Up Automatic Notifications: Chances are, you don’t have a lot of time to scour twenty different sites for the best discount. Browser extensions like Wikibuy or Gumdrop by Goodshop will notify you when things you want to buy go on sale.
- Social Media Is Your Friend: Try following various discount sites and shopping experts to get your round of promotions with your daily Facebook scroll, Bodge advises.
- Combine Different Discount Deals: “If you have a coupon for Macys.com, visit a gift card site, like GiftCardGranny.com to see if there are discounted gift cards available for Macy’s. Then, check a site, like Swagbucks, to see if they have cashback offers for Macy’s,” Bodge said.
- Plan, Plan, Plan: Even the most frugal shoppers will sometimes grab things they weren’t planning to buy after seeing a flashy sale. “Keep lists of the things you need, and look for coupons for those items, rather than finding a coupon and buying something just for the sake of using a coupon,” Bodge advises.
8 Best Retail Rewards Programs That Make It Easy to Earn Money Back for Shoes & Clothes
How to Easily Return Unwanted Gifts This Holiday Season
These 9 Stores Have the Best Return Policies