The annual show attracts around 50 million viewers and 3.5 million spectators, according to Ebates.com. The cost to pull it all off? Between $10.4 million and $12.3 million.
This year, Ebates (an online cash-back shopping site) crafted an infographic with facts about how the money is spent. Here are five facts to know about where the money goes.
1. Each float costs $30,000 to $100,000
2. More than 4,000 Macy’s employees volunteer on Thanksgiving
3. $510,000 in helium costs and $138,573 in taxes, with $810,000 to $2.7 million for float costs.
4. 8,000 people help put the parade together
5. There are 17 giant character balloons, 27 floats and 10,000 parade marchers. The marchers include 1,100 cheerleaders and dancers, 1,000 clowns and 12 marching bands.
This year, De La Soul, Easton Corbin and Fitz and the Tantrums will perform.
You can view the full infographic here.