Paul Andrew is a designer destined for stardom.
He counts celebrities like Emmy Rossum as fans and friends. He has won the CFDA Vogue Fashion Fund Award and worked for big names like Donna Karan and Narciso Rodriguez. Plus, Tory Burch is now his mentor.
Here, FN shares five less-well-known facts about Paul Andrew.
1. He was trained by top designer Donna Karan for 10 years.
“Being in the public eye is something I tried to do from the very beginning because I really understand the value. That is something that Donna Karan taught me — she built her business traveling the world.”
2. His father was an upholster for the royal family.
Andrew’s father worked as an upholster at Windsor Castle, the residence of Queen Elizabeth II.
3. He counts a few celebrities among his circle of friends.
The designer attended the CFDA Awards earlier this year with “Shameless” actress Emmy Rossum.
4. In high school, he was interested in architecture.
“Before I went to university, I really wanted to be an architect.”
5. He looks up to Manolo Blahnik.
“My entire life I’ve had tremendous respect for Manolo Blahnik and what he does. He’s always stayed incredibly true to his vision — and his shoes are magnificient.”