Retailers share their top sellers of the week:
THE COMFORT SHOE SOURCE, Glen Burnie, Md.
1. Propét Alta tall fleece boot
2. Cobb Hill Elaine embellished flat
3. Aravon Wendy loafer
Top fall trend: “More people are coming in looking for a casual shoe,” said Pam Dulaney, store manager. “However, the weather is still nice.”
DANCY’S, Boone, N.C.
1. Alegria clogs and Mary Jane styles
2. Aetrex Valerie stretch-vamp skimmer
Top fall trend: “Boots are taking off,” said GM Russell Gullet. “GoLites [are popular] in winter because they’re comfortable, warm and waterproof.”
WHEN THE SHOE FITS, Vancouver, Wash.
1. Dansko Tamara clog-based slip-on
2. Keen Toyah lace-up style
3. Merrell Encore clog series
Top fall trend: “Customers want to be a little dressier with comfort [features],” said President Alan O’Hara. “They prefer a little heel, and brands such as Pikolinos, Taos and Earthies have options in this [area].”
ELEMENTS, Berkeley, Calif.
1. Earth Catamount wedge boot and Bellweather skimmer
2. Fly London Yoko platform wedge
3. Bernie Mev woven upper on memory-foam outsoles
Top fall trend: “Ankle boots are a new trend this season,” said manager Penelope Adibe. “We are also doing well with wedges.”
HARRISONS FOOTWEAR, Poulsbo, Wash.
1. Wolky Rosa lace-up style
2. Pikolinos ankle boots
3. Brooks Addiction
Top fall trend: Ankle boots are performing at the store, said owner Chris Harrison. “Women already own knee-high boots, and they last a long time.”