Luxe materials, rich layering and handcrafted details infused the fall collections in Paris. Here, Footwear News ranks the Top 20 standout shoes.
1. Balenciaga’s pointy toe booties with black-and-white paisley ankle band and stiletto heel made a serious statement at the Paris collections. The chic tapered silhouette and sexy cross-vamp straps create a sophisticated-yet-modern design in an easy-to-wear palette. Though the pattern mimicked the prints from the ready-to-wear collection, this shoe style is a hit all on its own.
2. Christian Louboutin’s laser-cut mid-calf boot with snakeskin, studs and fur showcases a clever use of luxury materials.
3. Miu Miu’s salmon suede and gold glitter booties pair origami-like design with a touch of fun sparkle.
4. Louis Vuitton’s fur corset boots with emerald snakeskin trim are an elegant take on military-style lace-up boots.
5. Nicholas Kirkwood’s hand-embroidered signature bootie takes his modernist aesthetic to the next level.
6. Alexander McQueen’s sleek feathered platform ankle boots add tremendous power to any look.
7. Pierre Hardy’s collaged black-on-black peep-toe ankle boots illustrate the richness that can come from mixing materials.
8. Nina Ricci’s satin corset ankle boots with fur collar and sculpted platform prove there are still new ways to reimagine the platform look.
9. Charlotte Olympia’s suede oxford with paisley appliqués and tasseled laces — inspired by Agatha Christie — is a cheeky-yet-wearable work of art.
10. Lanvin’s covered platform pumps pair a feminine flower embellishment with a chunky ankle strap for a modern balance.
11.Chanel’s croc-embossed combat boots with slouchy knit cuffs are a fresh way to go flat. A hint of sparkle in the knit and patent soles glam up these day styles.
12. Tabitha Simmon’s ankle-strap sandals with rear corset lacing get a glamorous boost from shiny silk, which is hand-embroidered by a tie maker.
13. Chloé’s black patent pumps with ribbon T-strap are as overtly feminine as it gets, dressed up with an oversized bow.
14. Maison Martin Margiela’s over-the-knee boots with mesh overlay and wooden sculpted instep are a sophisticated update on fishnet stockings.
15. Céline’s two-tone slip-on heels are notable for their graphic color-blocking and sleek lines, a smart rendition of the season’s popular loafers.
16. Valentino’s nude pumps with thin black ankle strap and sweetheart cut exhibit the season’s top contrast color pairing.
17. Christian Dior’s navy over-the-knee boots with snakeskin panels and harnesses are an edgier version of the important lace-up boots, while also showing off the season’s best shade of blue.
18. Raphael Young’s suede and pony-hair ankle-strap peep-toe with metal carved heel is a sleek, modern take on the ladylike trend for fall.
19. Chrissie Morris’ suede, silk and snakeskin cut-away bootie exhibits the richness of luxe mixed materials for a unique artistic creation.
20. Yves Saint Laurent’s sculpted metallic platform pairs Mary Jane styling with gold and silver rolled leather for a layered effect.