WEST, New York
1. Nike Air Jordan 3
2. Nike Lebron 9 Cannon
3. Nike Total Air Foamposite Max
Holiday promotions: “We always have a couple of shoes on sale, odds and ends, etc., but we have no promotions to speak of per se surrounding the holidays,” said owner Lester Wasserman. “In January, we mark down merchandise in order to make room for the new products.”
THE LITTLE SHOE BOX, Ruxton, Md.
1. Bettye Muller, Compton Tartan sling back with red bow
2. Badgley Mischka, Lacie satin pump
3. Beverly Feldman, Weekender Flat
Holiday promotions: “Right now our boots and shooties are 30 percent off through Christmas,” said owner Emilie Blaze.
EASTON SHOES, Columbus, Ohio
1. Haflinger clog slippers
2. Finn Comfort Finnamic
3. Geisswein woven slippers
Holiday promotions: “We are noticing that many independent retailers are offering markdowns this season. In order to stay on top in this competitive market, we are going to follow suit and begin giving our customers reduced prices in the weeks leading up to the holiday,” said owner Lenny Comeras.
HANSEL AND GRETEL, Wilmington, Del.
1. Jumping Jack assorted styles
2. Robeez Mini Shoez and booties for babies
3. Sperry Top-Sider and other Stride Right brands
Holiday promotions: “We always have a sale right after the holidays,” said Carol Harvey, owner of Hansel and Gretel. “This year, particularly, things are in shorter supply, and we want to keep up with demand.”
1. Minnetonka three-layer fringe boot
2. Sorel Joan of Arctic
3. Timberland Earthkeepers Rudston.
1. Merrell Isotherm 8
2. The North Face Berkeley boot
3. Sorel Conquest
Holiday promotions: “Free shipping and free return shipping are offered with every Shoebuy purchase,” said CEO Mike Sorabella.