Todd Hanshaw knows two things: fashion and Las Vegas. As DMM of Wynn Resorts, he scours the market for the most exclusive merchandise for the hotel’s shops. In his downtime, Hanshaw likes to experience a side of Sin City that goes beyond the gaming tables and tourist traps. Here are his tips for navigating the Strip.
1. Best steak: “It’s a tossup between SW at the Wynn (pictured) and Cut at the Palazzo.”
2. Funniest comedy show: George Wallace at The Flamingo.
3. Best late-night snack: The Peppermill. “It’s a classic diner that looks like it’s straight out of the movie ‘Casino.’”
4. Best hidden secrets off the Strip: Don’t Tell Mama, Vanguard (pictured) and The Griffin. “The rejuvenation of downtown has brought some fun bars to Fremont Street that not a lot of tourists know about.”
5. Quintessential Vegas attraction: “Frank Marino’s Divas Las Vegas” at Imperial Palace. “It’s a great show with old-school celebrity impersonators.”
6. Best place to find nature: Red Rock Canyon. “Believe it or not, nature is all around once you get off the Strip.”
7. Sweetest spot: Mad Hatter Cupcakes.