• Bob Campbell founds BBC International.
• Donald Wilborn joins the company as a minority partner.
• The firm begins manufacturing in China.
• BBC signs its first licensing agreement for The Smurfs.
• The company introduces the first lighted shoes under the LA Gear label, and more than 1 million pairs are shipped.
• BBC begins its relationship with Disney North America, signing the rights to Winnie the Pooh.
• Under LA Gear, the company ships 10 million pairs of lighted shoes.
• A Boston office opens, housing BBC’s branded division.
• The company’s main headquarters move to Boca Raton, Fla., from New York.
• Donald Lee becomes a minority partner.
• Tracey McLeod named a minority partner.
• A worldwide footwear licensing agreement is signed with Polo Ralph Lauren Kids.
• Disney Latin America is added to the licensing lineup.
• BBC nabs Target’s Partner Award of Excellence
• The firm signs a deal with Guess through master licensee Marc Fisher Footwear to distribute children’s shoes for the brand.
• The company is named Walmart Supplier of the Year.
• More than 50 million pairs of shoes are shipped.
• Campbell is honored with Two Ten Footwear Foundation’s Lifetime Achievement Award.
• The Born (below), Osiris and Pony footwear licenses are signed.
• BBC adds Warner Bros. and Glee (below) to its character licensing roster.