Zelaya Shoes, Bethesda, Md.
2. Bronx sandals (above)
3. Fit in Clouds foldable flats
On Sale: “About one third of my store is on sale,” said owner Tony Zelaya. “I’ve got a few fall things in, so it’s mostly old summer merchandise on sale.”
The Shoe Hive, Alexandria, Va.
1. Sam Edelman shoe booties
2. Kate Spade
3. Tory Burch’s Reva style for spring, and suede pumps for pre-fall
On Sale: “We have summer merchandise on sale, but there is not much left. We’re very limited in what we have left over, which is a good thing,” said store owner Elizabeth Todd.
Item, Larkspur, Calif.
1. Havaianas flip-flops (below)
2. Bettye Muller espadrilles
3. Jeffrey Campell ballet flats
On Sale: “At this time [of year], I put spring and summer merchandise on sale and I also bring out fall from last season for one huge clearance sale. Without a doubt, right now, everyone is looking for a deal,” said owner Joy Goldberg.
Mary Jane’s, Park City, Utah
1. Frye’s Carson and Campus styles
2. Jeffrey Campbell’s Tier sandal
3. Seychelles’ Araxi sandal
On Sale: “It’s all summer sandals that are left, but not that many, to be honest. It’s been a good season,” said owner Lori Harris.
Ripe, New York
1. Kelsi Dagger’s Tamantha flat
2. Pour La Victoire’s Angelique ankle boot
3. Sam Edelman’s Zoe ankle boot
On Sale: “We are at 65 percent off for certain items that I feel will quickly lose their value once September starts, and that goes for about 15 percent of the store,” said owner Asi Agajan.
Kitson, Glendale, Calif.
1. Koolaburra short fringe suede boots
2. Pelle Moda black suede cami style
3. Mia’s Huntress sandal (below)
On Sale: “This week is kind of our ‘last call’ week. It’s all 70 percent off summer merchandise,” said owner Fraser Ross.